From the Global PF Awareness website:
a snapshot of the disease
• In the United States (US), IPF affects between 132,000 and 200,000 people.2, 4, 11
• In the US, an estimated 50,000 new cases are diagnosed each year.2, 4, 11
• In the European Union, IPF affects between 37,000 and 40,000 people.5, 17
• In the United Kingdom, more than 5,000 new cases of IPF are diagnosed each year.3
• PF can strike anyone, but tends to affect men more than women and usually occurs between the ages of 50 and 70.4, 6
In addition, according to the data on Global PF Awareness, the estimated survival rate of patients is 2-3 years after diagnosis. Please help spread the word about PF, and check their calendar to see if an event is happening near you.